First of all, I’d just like to say that I can’t believe it’s September 1 already! Today is the beginning of the end of the summer, but it also means my favorite season is coming up: fall! But anyway, back to my original reason for posting…
I’d have to say that BBQ chicken pizza is probably my favorite type out there. So when experimenting with grilling pizza, of course I had to make it! It really couldn’t be easier. Also, the best thing about making your own pizza is that you can make it how YOU want! I hate when there’s regular tomato sauce on a BBQ chicken pizza. And I like when there’s a decent amount of BBQ sauce on it – no skimping! So here’s my perfect version of a BBQ chicken pizza.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 grilled pizza crust
1 chicken breast
1 small-medium-ish onion, sliced or diced
½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
¾ cup of shredded cheese (I had Mexican in the fridge – feel free to use colby jack, moz, etc.)
Optional topping: crumbled bacon
- Brown the chicken in a pan along with the onion (I put a sprinkle of salt, pepper and chili powder on it). One pan = less cleanup!
- Shred or dice up the cooked chicken.
- Once you are ready to put the toppings on your grilled pizza, spread out the BBQ sauce, leaving a ½-1” border.
- Sprinkle the chicken, onions, and cheese on. Top with crumbled bacon, if you desire.
- Close the lid and turn on low. Take a peek, and when the cheese starts melting, turn the grill up to medium so the bottom gets nice and crispy
- Slide off the grill onto a cutting board. Slice up with whatever shapes and pieces work with your pizza. Serve and enjoy!